Monday 28 September 2015

Book Review (497): Sustained (The Legal Briefs #2) - Emma Chase


Sustained (The Legal Briefs #2)

by 
I thoroughly enjoyed the first book in this series Overruled, so I had pretty high expectations for Sustained, and those expectations were blown out of the water I loved this book so much more than the first one and that was all because of the lead character Jake, I adored his romance with Chelsea and his interactions with the kids, need I mention anything more than the One Direction concert which I found extremely funny, in fact any scene where Jake was out of his comfort zone was highly enjoyable to me.

For someone known to never show any kind of emotion, and who was described as cold Jake was surprisingly delightful to have as the only point of view in Sustained, the change in his attitude and character throughout had me falling in love with him, the story drew me in from the first page and I couldn't get enough, I wish that the book was longer than it was, I didn't want to say goodbye to Jake, Chelsea or the six kids, I was just so absorbed, intrigued and utterly fascinated with all the goings-on.

Also enjoyable was the frequent appearances of Stanton, Sofia and Brent, I love the scenes with the four of them all together, I'm extremely anxious to read Brent's book, I think it will be very entertaining, although it will have to be pretty spectacular to overtake Sustained as my favorite book of The Legal Briefs series.

I seriously need to pick up Emma's other series, I really enjoy her writing and I want to fall in love with a whole new set of her characters, I highly recommend this series, especially this book.

I give this 5/5 stars.

ABOUT EMMA CHASE

By day, Emma Chase is a devoted wife and mother of two who resides in a small, rural town in New Jersey. By night she is a keyboard crusader, toiling away the hours to bring her colorful characters and their endless antics to life. She has a long standing love/hate relationship with caffeine.
Emma is an avid reader. Before her children were born she was known to consume whole books in a single day. Writing has also always been a passion and with the 2013 release of her debut romantic comedy, Tangled, the ability to now call herself an author is nothing less than a dream come true.

1 comment:

  1. this series looks so good, I keep hearing better things about the second book!

    ReplyDelete